Love the outdoors?
Do you push your body to its limits with high-impact exercises?
Do you cherish your outdoor adventures and exercises?
Is staying hydrated an important part of your performance?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you should make a point of bringing a water bottle with you when you go out.
Hydration is one of the driving factors behind how much you can get done outdoors. In fact, your hydration level is one of the most important factors in high-intensity exercises and activities.
When you’re working out, hydration is nearly as important as refueling your body with protein and calories. If you don’t hydrate properly, you will not only hold back your performance, but you will also run the risk of experiencing symptoms such as cramps, nausea, headaches, and dizziness.
|Healthy Human Water Bottle||Best Overall|
|Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle||Budget Pick|
|YETI Rambler 26 oz Bottle||Upgrade Pick|
1. Healthy Human Water Bottle
- Keeps liquids warm or cold for up to 24 hours
- Leak-proof, vacuum-sealed lid
- Vitality strainer is removable for easy filling, cleaning, and adding ice.
- Hand-tightened locking lid helps to prevent spills
- BPA and Phthalates free
- Can be used for hot and cold drinks
- Top shelf dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- At 17 ounces, it may be a little big for a water bottle, some may feel it is too heavy
- A few users were not completely satisfied with the infuser
- The lid does not fit on top of the container when you add ice or the vitality strainer.
With Infuser, Straw Lid and Fliptop Lid.
The Healthy Human Stainless Steel Water Bottle may have been made for travel, but it is also great for everyday use. Those looking for something sleek will love this double walled Eco-friendly bottle. Take it to work, the gym, or to the park, this insulated bottle will keep your drink cold for up to 24 hours or hot for up to 12.
There are a few different ways you can use this bottle. To get a boost of energy, simply place a few sliced strawberries and a few mint leaves in the vitality strainer. Then add water and ice. Perfect for midday refreshment.
2. Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle
- New colored Plastic identifies flavors of your drinks
- The large opening allows for easy addition of ice, fresh fruits, and other ingredients
- Has a wide mouth in order to prevent any spills
- BPA free and Dishwasher safe
- Much lighter than glass or metal
- Large size for most day hikers or a great lunch bag
- Extremely durable and holds a lot of water
- Hard to squeeze, and you need to get used to the finger holes
- Bottle gets scratched fairly easily.
The Nalgene water bottles are known for their versatility, wide range of colors, sleek design, so for years, millions of customers rely on Nalgene water bottles for drinking water.
The Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA Free Water Bottle is now available in 32-ounce, 24-ounce, 16-ounce, and 12-ounce capacities, giving you the choice of the size that best fits your needs. Its large opening allows you to add ice, fresh fruit, or other ingredients without spilling.
Ideal for long hikes and other rigorous activities, its lightweight construction ensures that you stay hydrated throughout the day, while the wide mouth opens to the edge of the bottle, allowing you to place it into a backpack or bag.
3. CamelBak eddy Water Bottle
- Comes with 5 special flow rate settings
- The lid is a straw, so you can sip without having to remove the lid
- The straw is made of silicone, meaning that it’s not easily damaged
- The straw itself is designed so that you don’t have to exert pressure on it when you drink from it
- The silicone elastics can be removed without much of a hassle and can be replaced
- It’s made from BPA-free plastic; the ‘antibacterial’ mouthpiece can be removed for thorough cleaning
- It has a capacity of 32 ounces
- The top, at times, can come off if you place it down on the side hard
- It only comes in one color
- More expensive than other water bottles
As you can see, Camelbak Eddy Water Bottles are easily one of the best water bottles for thirst quenching AND for the environment.
This water bottle is on the more expensive side of things per ounce, but it’s a worthwhile purchase IF you have the budget for it.
4. Klean Kanteen Classic Single Wall Stainless Steel Bottle
- Made from lightweight, high-quality 18/8 stainless steel
- Anti-microbial, safe for water safe for food
- Wide mouth opening for ice to fit in
- Stainless steel inside and outside (BPA Free)
- Perfect for drinking hot liquids
- Great quality and design
- Has a cap for safety
- The bottle doesn’t retain any color or flavors
- The lid that you have to screw and unscrew can rust
- It washes easily
- It’s expensive for just an everyday water bottle
If you’re looking for an expensive but good water bottle, then the Klean Kanteen is the one for you. This water bottle is made from stainless steel material that’s in high quality.
You can also get this water bottle in 12, 18, and 32-ounce sizes, with the bigger bottle coming with a cap on each end that way you can use it as a two cup.
You can also use this water bottle for other drinks as well, like carbonated drinks and iced beverages.
5. YETI Rambler 26 oz Bottle
- This model was designed and built with complete safety in mind
- A leak-proof press and pour stopper that’s attached at the top providing you with an extra layer of security
- A convenient handle that allows you to carry it while wearing gloves
- Double wall design means you can keep your drinks hot for 24 hours and cold for 48 hours
- This model also comes with carbonation reduce technology
- Military grade stainless steel ensures no odor or taste permeates
- Actually ice scraper compatible
This yeti water bottle is the ultimate in water bottle technology. It comes with a double-wall vacuum insulated design. So you can transport your drinks if you need to.
Since it’s vacuum insulated, you can keep your water hot or cold for 24 or 48 hours, respectively.
The bottle is built from 18/8 stainless steel, which is the highest quality stainless steel available. This model is truly designed for the outdoors, as it comes with a handy carabiner that allows you to attach it to whatever you need to. Even on the coldest of days, you can keep your hands warm.
6. Thermos Intak 24 Ounce Hydration Bottle
- Made from 18/8 Stainless Steel, Thermos’ branded BPA-free thermos
- Highly line of 24-ounce bottles with a unique, vertical design
- With dual walls featured on the bottle, this one keeps your water cooler for longer
- The Thermos give a measuring scale that shows you precisely the amount of water you should be drinking every day
- The bottle features a touch button lid that does not require you to unscrew any parts
- The bottle feels great to hold because of how the manufacturer has designed it to fit most hands
- The leakproof construction of the bottle is something that we would really like as even a drop of liquid can create a huge mess
- Comes packaged with a two-piece lid that the manufacturer has made to make the lid easy to carry around with you
- The spout of the bottle is crafted to make it convenient for you to drink water
- Also featured on this bottle is the stopper that covers the spout when not in use and this makes the bottle easy to manage
7. CamelBak Chute .75L Water Bottle
- The bottle is dishwasher safe
- Has an ergonomic design, very easy to hold and drink from
- Comes in two different sizes (12 and 25 ounces)
- The nozzle opens with a simple squeeze of the handheld
- The design of the nozzle prevents spilling
- Efficient design of the mouthpiece spout for easy drinking
- Wide mouth top that allows you to add ice cubes to the bottle
- It has a built-in clip that can be moved to any location, but I prefer the clip to be in front so I can secure it onto my backpack
- Comes in a variety of colors: black, blue, black/blue, red, red/blue, and blue ghost. (*Note: the blue ghost and black versions are not dishwasher safe)
- Lifetime guarantee
- I don’t use the handle very often, but it’s still nice to have it
- It’s a bit expensive
- The non-dishwasher safe version can be a bit trickier to clean compared to the dishwasher-safe one
8. LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottles
- Huge filter system
- Features a handy flint striker
- Antimicrobial coating and dirt-resistant straw
- Quality BPA-free plastic
- The filter might take a bit longer than other LifeStraws to filter large quantities of water
- The filter is limited to 1,000 liters, but that’s plenty of water for many uses
- Be careful, if you overfill the water bottle, it may leak
Every LifeStraw is tested by more than 100 people in the field, using it regularly for an entire year. The LifeStraw Community was founded by Vestergaard Frølund on the basis of his experiences as a Peace Corps volunteer. The company believes that everyone deserves access to safe, clean drinking water and aims to be a catalyst for long-term change.
The LifeStraw Go is the perfect companion for all of your outdoor adventures, chronic illnesses and emergency preparedness plans.
One of the main advantages of this product is its size. It’s roughly the size and weight of a large soda can, so it’s easy to carry with you. The filter can filter up to 1,000 liters of water … which is about 264 gallons! All of the water will be thoroughly purified and free of bacteria.
9. Hydrapak Stash
- Collapsible design
- BPA free
- These bottles are amazingly tough and durable
- Double-wall vacuum insulation
- Large enough for most purposes yet small enough to fit in a pocket
- Wide mouth prevents dribbling
- Color coded: Each bottle has 2 end colors which mean the lids fit snugly onto the correct bottle
- Priced affordably
- Users love the convenient top of the bottle for carrying
10. EcoVessel Surf Glass Water Bottle
- This is a high-quality, durable, versatile water bottle
- It is BPA, phthalate, and lead free
- The fact that it can be used as a drink container or carry it around with you is a great benefit
- The protective silicone coating adds a lot of reassurance on the usability of the product
- It is really easy to clean the container and the silicone sleeve
- Although the flip straw lid performs well it is much more difficult to clean
- It is not a convenient handle. It is difficult to grip and carry the water bottle in that manner
This was the first glass water bottle that I used and it exceeded all of my expectations. Of course, it was a little difficult to carry because the bottle was all glass but that is why I love the silicone sleeve. The sleeve is comfortable in my hand, I no longer need to worry that I will drop my water bottle on the floor, and it keeps my hands clean and dry.
This is my favorite water bottle and I hope you find it useful too.
Being more hydrated has many benefits, one of which is that it can improve your physical performance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Which brand of water bottle is the best?
No brand can truly claim to be “the best”. Each water bottle is designed with its own unique set of criteria in mind. Some are designed with portability in mind, others with ergonomics, still others with hydration levels and so on.
I can only tell you what I prefer.You’ll have to decide for yourself.
If alkaline or ionized water is your thing then the Kangen Water Ionizers are a good start. These are stainless steel water bottles that are portable and have a built-in counter to gauge how much water you have consumed.
For athletes, the S–O2 Active Water Bottle is for the sporty. This BPA-free water bottle has a filter on the lid to complement the capacity (22 oz.) and design of the bottle itself.
What water bottle keeps ice the longest?
Some people need the ice to stay the longest possible time, mainly for the convenience of cooling the drinks for longer before having to add more ice. If this is your first priority, the Stanley Classic One Handed is the best option. It has a unique wide mouth opening, along with a lid where you can add ice through the opening without having to lift the bottle from the opening to add ice.
The next bottle is the Contigo AUTOSEAL Stainless Steel. It has a similar lid and mouth opening and it won't spill even if you try to shake it. The only disadvantage with this product is that the mouth opening is 1/4" smaller.
What is the healthiest water bottle to use?
There are several types of bottles to choose from. So which should you buy?
Let’s face it: Not everyone needs a water bottle. However, if you do, the one you should buy is the one you are most likely to drink out of.
The most healthful option is going to be the one that gets you to sip on it all day long.
As a result, it’s best to select a water bottle that you can use at your desk; or, whenever you exercise. Try to choose a bottle that is portable and lightweight so that you don’t avoid using it.
You should also look for a bottle with a wide mouth. This will make it easier to clean the bottle and adjust the mouthpiece.
What is the best stainless steel water bottle to buy?
A stainless steel bottle has a large number of uses and will retain its qualities for years to come.
You can expect any stainless steel water bottle to be sturdy, nearly unbreakable and free from scratches and dents.
It’ll have built in insulation that has superb heat retention and will keep your drink cool for longer.
You can also enjoy the naturally pure taste of your drink and never have to worry about chemicals leaching into your water.
Every stainless steel bottle offers almost indestructible qualities and a powerful lifetime warranty.
Stainless steel offers low weight and a slim design that you can take virtually everywhere.
At the end of the day the best stainless steel water bottle is the one that best fits your lifestyle.
They say water is life, and now that more than one in ten people live in areas where water supplies are threatened by pollution, the message has never been as poignant. While some continue to take clean water for granted, other people are struggling to access clean water to drink. The best water bottle is a worthy investment in a safe and clean environment.
More consumers are looking for wearable water bottles for carrying around their water. Although there are many factors to consider when picking a water bottle, we hope this review will clear your doubts and help you choose the right water bottle for you. Below are our top 10 picks for the best water bottle.
|Healthy Human Water Bottle||Best Overall|
|Nalgene Tritan Wide Mouth BPA-Free Water Bottle||Budget Pick|
|YETI Rambler 26 oz Bottle||Upgrade Pick|